Telecommute is quickly becoming a buzzword nowadays. The routine 8-5 office jobs are fast becoming a thing of the past as the work environment, job descriptions, and ways of doing work are evolving. People who operate these days are no more restricted to physical offices since technological innovations have enabled the phenomenon that we now call telecommuting — that means, in the simplest terms, working remotely.
Of course, there are particular things we have now that make telecommuting possible, and if it weren’t for all these inventions, we’d still be stuck in the caveman days of the job. Here are some of the technological inventions of recent history that make collaboration possible.
– The Internet: Of course the Internet. This specific invention was recently named the very best innovation in the last 30 decades, and for good reason. The Internet has made possible many things that we now find ourselves in a position of becoming nearly debilitated when we find ourselves disconnected. It’s certainly made a giant leap forward for the proponents of globalization because through it, the entire world surely became a much smaller place today that everybody everywhere is linked.
– Laptops, tablets, and mobile devices: More and more people are choosing to take their work with them, and not just be stuck with a hefty desktop computer. When there are individuals who still prefer working on a fantastic old trusty desktop, mobility is now becoming a significant problem for many as they want to be free to pursue their own activities in their own time without having to compromise their job in the process. And since notebooks are now getting lighter, carrying your work with you wherever you go is not quite as difficult as it was. Together with the release of the tablet along with other similar mobile devices, an increasing number of working people are choosing to go mobile since it gives them more flexibility.
– Email: Where would we all be with email? Just by clicking on the Send button, then you get your message sent directly off to anybody anywhere (well, provided that they have Internet access, that’s ). , express mail, LBC/ FedEx/ and other similar courier providers to get our messages delivered. Can you really imagine doing business like that today?
– Webinars/ Video Conferencing: Attending seminars, workshops, and other comparable activities in the past used to cost a fortune, so firms would probably select a couple of delegates only then spend on transport, conference fees, etc. Now, however, thanks to webinars, anybody interested can combine, at much less cost. Employers no longer need to send their workers out because they can attend webinars right at work, or even in their own homes, and the cost is a lot less than going to real location seminars. The studying and take-home experience remains pretty much the same, but it isn’t as much of a hassle as it used to be.
The identical theory applies to video conferencing. It used to be hard to gather staff members or stakeholders (particularly in multinationals where a few members are in different nations ) found in various provinces/countries, and it had been harder to organize communication. Now, however, thanks to video conferencing, virtual meetings can be put up without having to worry about the logistics of having to get everyone to the office.
– Cloud Computing Technology: Document cabinets? Boxes and boxes of documents? Are directories full of business contacts? Sounds like any other typical office. The trouble with files in this way, however, is that they run the chance of getting ruined — whether by natural disasters, accidents, or another injury, physical documents are in danger of being lost, stolen, or destroyed. Now imagine if you can place all of that pertinent data in one place where you know that it can’t be harmed in any way. That is what cloud computing does for you — it permits you to save all you need all up there in the cloud, and as long as you’ve got access to the Internet, then you can access your documents, also. Any modifications made to files found in the cloud will be automatically synced, so saving you the trouble of having to go through so many files and performing a manual update. If anybody from the group creates some edits on that presentation, you do not have to worry anymore about upgrading your copy, because it is already there.
These are merely a few of the inventions that have revolutionized the way we view work. These technologies have surely brought people together and made collaboration not only potential but a normal way of life. Due to these technological innovations, working together has come to be so much easier, and work has taken to a brand new view.
For more detailed manuals and advice about this topic, please see Parletts Expressions.